Trial and Failure Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video review and rant I made

2 posters

Go down

Video review and rant I made Empty Video review and rant I made

Post  Chaze the Chat Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlIccmVuB0Q
I wanna see how it feels to be troll slayed. I'm the ranter, and the cool dude in the review.
Chaze the Chat
Chaze the Chat

Back to top Go down

Video review and rant I made Empty Re: Video review and rant I made

Post  Admin Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:04 pm

I assume you want me to give you critique? Alright then, but don't take offense to anything I say here. Please don't; I might sound angry (which I'm not) and mean (which I hope I'm not being), but this is all just my honest opinion.

Now, I'll just do what I do on the site. Don't worry, this will stay on the forums.

Ahem...

[Loud, beeping intro]

Hello!

Immediately at the beginning, this video punishes you for watching it. Ignoring the fact that it's an intro that takes twenty seconds to stop, there are two things I don't like about it: One, the message just before the video starts- Megaman 6 Review and Rant!!!!!!!

If you see the message typed out, it looks ridiculous. It looks unprofessional. It looks like you're not taking yourself seriously, or that this is all just a joke. Seven exclamation points? That's not a title, that's you screaming at me.

Second, and I understand that you can't always fix this, the difference in volume between the intro and the actual speaking is too high. Even at full YouTube volume, full computer volume, full speaker volume, and wearing headphones, I still can only barely hear your voice.

[Long pause] I bet you're wondering where Sword is. [Long pause] Well he's not here right now.

No, I'm not wondering where Sword is. I don't even know who that is.

[Long pause, speaker nervously moves his eyes side-to-side]

*Checks watch*

I am.

Glad to hear it. I was told there was a rant?

And I'm about to talk about a little subject... [Holds up piece of paper] ...called trolling: Capcom edition.

I've heard a lot about this recently.

[Puts paper down, crosses arms] You know, Capcom has made a lot of stupid mistakes lately. So I thought we should probably take a minute since we're gonna be reviewing Megaman.

Why is this rant combined with a video review?

[Holds up paper] We'll look over these mistakes.
...That paper looks familiar...

Oh, here it is! This is the paper you're holding up, isn't it? I don't see a link to it in the description.

And when I'm done, you're gonna be excited for this review.

To be honest, you pointing out a company's mistakes doesn't make me any more eager for a review of said company's game. Unless you mean the game is terrible, in which case I am only slightly curious. But that's just me.

'Kay- first off, [looks at paper] Resident Evil 5, there's on-disc downloadable content at the initial release.

Alright, follow-through, follow-through, follow-through...

[Holds up palm in a "what the heck" manner] Whatever, Capcom.

...Is...is that all you have to say on the matter? "Whatever"? So I take it that you don't see much of a problem, then?

[Looks at paper] Um, and the PC edition has no downloadable content! How hard it is- how hard is it to put downloadable content on a version of a game? It must not be that hard.

I don't know how hard it is. And, in all likelihood, neither do you.

[Pauses, looks at paper] Dead Rising 2 Lite: Prologue Chapter. Um, [glances at paper] it acts as a paid demo.

It's very interesting that you say that. Is it me, or did you read that word-for-word off of that image, which, may I remind you, is not your work? And by extension, apparently not your rant.

...Um...why? Why can't you just make that part of the game?

Because...demos don't usually contain actual game content?

You just wanna make some extra money off of people who like Dead Rising? Okay! Have fun with that! [Looks at paper] Um... Devil May Cry: Reboot.

Let me take a guess- you have a problem with it being developed by Ninja Theory.

I think that's all I have to say about that. [Looks at paper]
What? No, no it isn't. You didn't even say anything. Literally- you didn't say anything about it. Is this a rant, or a treasure hunt for the image you're plagiarizing from to find actual information?

==CONTINUED TO NEXT POST: PLEASE DO NOT POST YET==
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://trialandfailure.freeforumshosting.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Um... Ace Attorney Investigations 2. No plans to localize. [Pause] What?

You said "no plans to localize"!

Heh...

Sorry.

[Pause, holds up hands in a large "what the heck" manner"] You're throwing away money! You just gotta change some words!

Stop. Stop it right there. Do not say another word. Let me take just about ten seconds to do some research for you, and let's see what we find. This is taken from Wikipedia:

The major types of localization are as follows.

* Linguistic and cultural: the translation of language and cultural references maintaining the feel of the game but making it more appealing for the receiving locale.
* Hardware and software: for example the change between PAL and NTSC, re-mapping of hotkeys, gameplay modifications.
* Legal: age ratings may differ depending on the country of release. They are controlled by national or international bodies like PEGI (for Europe), ESRB (for US and Canada), OFLC (for Australia), or CERO (for Japan).
* Graphics and music: Some games may exhibit different characters, or the same ones with a slightly different appearance in order to facilitate players identification with their avatar. Music may also vary according to national trends or the preferences of major fan communities.

This took me less that ten seconds to find. What I think (and might have just proven) is that you took that image, decided to read from it, and are adding little comments here and there without doing any research first.

Which is closer to trolling than anything you've read off so far.

And...maybe change a few references. But other than that, you're throwing away money.

And you are throwing away your own credibility.

[Looks at paper] Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, also has no plans to localize. ...Why?

The succinct effect of saying things like ...why? is pretty much lost when you've done it four times in the last two-and-a-half-minutes.

[Pause] First off, Professor Layton is a very successful series. If you were to do a crossover with that in America, you would have millions and millions of sales. Second off, Phoenix Wright is not very popular. But if you did a crossover with Professor Layton, you would have so many more fans for Phoenix Wright that you'd have...more sales.

That's actually a really good point.

...For the other games, and you would make even more money. And lastly... [pause] I would really love to play this crossover, and to understand it. And I bet a million other people would too. So why don't you release it here, Capcom?

This is just a nitpick, but you said "millions" before, so saying "million" now seems counterproductive. It's not an actual issue, just...never mind. Let's continue.

Um, Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The downloadable content was announced before it even released. Oh, that gives me confidence that you're buying a complete game, right? [Looks at paper] Megaman is still missing in action, but...he was in the other two games why can't he be in this one he's basically your mascot, so... why not- why is he not in there? [Looks at paper] And there's on-disc downloadable content.

Yes, I know. You just said that.

[Looks at paper] Megaman Universe, canceled without any reason.

You mean without any reason given. They wouldn't just cancel it for the heck of it.

But it was believed that...the...um, creator of MegaMan leaving was the sole reason of it, but...whatever.

Saying "whatever" doesn't make me confident that you feel very strongly about this.

Um...[Looks at paper] Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. Standalone version only, which means you can't upgrade from Street Fighter 4.

I'm still not even sure what that means. Can you upgrade from one game to another?

So if you have Street Fighter 4 you have to pay extra money just to get like five extra characters, I mean...why would you do that?

Well, how long after the first one was the arcade one released? I can easily find this, but I'm not the one doing the Capcom rant. You are.

Um...[Looks at paper] Monster Hunter Portable 3. Has no plans to localize, and there- the same thing can be said about the PS3 version. ...Why?

As I said, it's to the point where saying ...why? makes you sound less witty and more like you haven't rehearsed this at all. Which is fairly obvious anyway.

One of your biggest...um, franchises right now. Why would- wouldn't you, um, localize it. All you gotta do, like I said earlier, is- all you have to do is change a few words around. Why don't you just do that?

It would be better for you to never say that again.

[Swallows, looks at paper] Resident Evil:The Mercenaries 3D. You can't delete your save files!

*Spits out coffee*

Wait, what? Seriously? Do they have any justification for that?

[Long pause] Wwwhat?
*Slaps forehead*

[Long pause] WWWHAT?!

I sincerely hope you have more to say than this. That was also my reaction, but you can't just leave it at that.

WHY CAN'T YOU DELETE YOUR SAVE FILES?!?

Your apparent anger would seem less out of place if you didn't wear the same expression throughout the entire video.

[Raises arms and shakes head in a "what the heck" manner, mouth gaping] ...I am literally at a loss for words.

I hope, for the sake of your rant, that you overcome that loss, and quickly.

[Looks at paper]
I guess not.

MegaMan Legends 3. Okay- here's the main reason why I started this. [Looks at paper] Okay, it was announced as being made, but then it was revealed later that it wasn't greenlit. [Pause] WHY...WOULD YOU NOT...GREENLIT IT BEFORE YOU REVEAL IT?!

My attention is currently drawn more to your outburst and less to Capcom's idiotic marketing.

You hype up your fans, and then ultimately, because you cancel this game.

Confusion, is I that have it, as because understand I cannot what you say.

You ultimately disappoint them, the people who have been waiting for a sequel to this game for ten years.

It doesn't sound like you're looking at the situation in its entirety; maybe a bad employee leaked it before it was greenlit without the company's consent. Maybe they mentioned it, but people took it wrong and assumed they confirmed it. There area host of possibilities here.

And if it was obviously confirmed, I wouldn't know because you haven't told me. You've just assumed I know.

==CONTINUED TO NEXT POST: PLEASE DO NOT POST YET==
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:42 pm

They wanna get MegaMan off the moon!

...What?

...Oh, is that something that happened in one of the games? Strange.

[Long pause] WHY would you let your fans down THAT BADLY?!

Hey man, Capcom can't please everybody. Calm down.

[Looks at paper] And then they later admitted that it was the fans' for not getting involved.

It was the fans' what?

Wwwwhat?

Urgh.

...Okay, I already did that. But seriously......fans......should...shouldn't have...shouldn't have an impact on your thing, when obviously, you were gonna release a paid demo to measure up how popular it was, and you didn't even release the demo, and you canceled that along with the game.

This entire paragraph conveys almost no meaning whatsoever. "The fans should not have an impact on their thing"? Do you expect me, or anybody, to understand what that means?

[Pause] Capcom. [Pause, dons a look of "it's not worth my time", looks at paper] And then they admitted lastly...it was the fans' job to make the game. [Shakes head rapidly] No it wasn't. [Points at camera] It was your job. It was your job. You're the one who gets paid to make the games, it was your job to make the game.

See, it repetitions like that that feel natural. You're putting great emphasis on the fact that it was their job, not yours. You repeating it sounds natural and stands out from the relative lackluster presentation you've had.

[Looks at paper] And then Ultimate vs.- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It was announced five months after the original version. It's an add-on. Why reveal it five months later? It should be revealed...um, year, at the most. And even that, that's still Um...though, a MegaMan Legends stage was revealed, and that's kind of weird since their game just got canceled. So why would you add insult to injury? [Looks at paper] And finally, like Super Street Fighter 4, there's no upgrade option! For Marvel vs. Capcom 3 owners.

Why would there be? Aren't they two different series?

Like I said, just refer to that.
You've said a lot. Although not all of it has meaning, how am I supposed to pinpoint what to refer to?

And finally, have one thing that's not on the list, so I'll just card that. [Puts paper on table next to him

One thing that's not on the list you're plagiarizing from, you mean?

[Awkwardly props self up] Street Fighter vs. Hello Kitty.
That's...that's not a thing, is it? That doesn't exist, right? Please?

[Pause] Let me...repeat that- Street Fighter vs. Hello Kitty. Let me give that a moment for you to sink in.

That statement was oddly entertaining.

...Let me give you a moment for that to sink in. [Long pause] Okay... [inhale] I don't really have anything to say about that
Then why did you bring it up?

other than the stuff you're thinking right now, so... yeah, let's go to the red couch to review this game!

No. You have no way of knowing what is going through my head. I am not presenting this rant, you are. So if you admittedly have nothing to say about a subject, please don't bring it up.

==CONCLUSION==

Alright, it was a nice try, but ultimately it was lacking in a few key areas-

-It sounded unrehearsed
-You spoke so much yet said so little
-You assumed that the viewer had the same knowledge that you have
-You plagiarized

That last one matters the most- just showing the image for a few seconds in your intro is not enough. You have to say that it isn't your list. You did not. You didn't even give a link to it int he description. Because of this, the video did not contain your rant. It contained somebody else's rant with you giving side comments.

Aside from that, the presentation needs serious work and revision. When you have to pause, stutter, and glance at the list as often as you did, it feels like you didn't put much effort into the video.

Please remember, I'm not out to get you, or make you look stupid, or make you feel bad. I'm diving my opinion, which you requested. You may or may not be discouraged after reading this, but don't be- if you stop making videos, how will they get better?

I'd also like to thank you for requesting my opinion.

==YOU MAY POST==

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaze the Chat Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 am

Alright, first off. It's funny, because we actually meant to put the picture in the description, but I guess we forgot, so that you for reminding me on that note. It made the review of the rant much funnier. Secondly, thank you for taking the time to write your opinion, truth be told I should have rehearsed more then I did. And finally, the beginning and the wishywashiness was for comedic effect.

Oh, and I said "Like Super Street Fighter 4"
Chaze the Chat
Chaze the Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 pm

No problem. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down